- 1 Best Korean Anti-acne Skincare PRoducts
- 2 Korean Skincare For Acne & Acne Treatment at Home
- 3 How do Korean skincare products treat acne?
- 4 How to remove acne scars?
- 5 What is a good skin care routine for acne?
- 6 Best 3 Korean Skincare Products for Acne
- 7 Acne Treatment at Home
- 8 Acne Extraction at Home
- 9 Which ingredient is best for acne prone skin?
- 10 What ingredients should I avoid in acne-prone skin?
Best Korean Anti-acne Skincare PRoducts
If you have oily skin, it is best to use a product with less oily. It is recommended to use a cleansing product for oily skin to improve skin condition and reduce sebum. Moreover, it is best to use cosmetics containing ingredients such as salicylic acid, vitamin A, and AHA. Do not use alkaline general soap as it may increase bacteria and worsen acne. Even though I suggest reading the complete guide for acne skin care, if you prefer to check the best products first, click the image below to see the reviews directly.
Korean Skincare For Acne & Acne Treatment at Home
In particular, do not touch your face carelessly with hands that have a lot of bacteria. Excessive touching can irritate the skin and worsen inflammation. In addition to skincare, dietary adjustments such as the intake of monosaccharides and dairy products are also necessary. Furthermore, acne occurring around the jawline is highly likely to become a scar, so it is better to treat it quickly. Here is more information about Korean acne skin care and acne treatment at home.
How do Korean skincare products treat acne?
Korean skincare products suitable for acne care contain ingredients effective against acne. Such as Tea tree oil (inhibits inflammation and bacteria), Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid (removes dead skin cells and sebum), and Azelaic Acid (suppresses inflammation). These have the effect of preventing the increase of bacteria by suppressing excessive sebum production and allowing the sebum to be well-drained out of the skin.
How to remove acne scars?
Unlike acne treatment, acne scar treatment requires a long treatment period. When the pus from acne bursts, it is difficult to completely fill the skin surface with ointments or drugs. The process of regenerating the damaged tissue deep in the skin and the treatment of regenerating the new flesh on the surface of the skin must be combined to treat scars. Acne scars heal before the skin cells are regenerated and healed, resulting in red and pitted scars on the skin tissue.
Main Ingredients of Acne Scar Treatment
An over-the-counter acne scar treatment has main ingredients like Heparin, Allantoin, and Dexpanthenol. They dissolve dead skin cells and promote cell regeneration. Apply at least 3 times a day and seal with a bandage at night to be effective. Also, it should be used continuously for more than a month. Rather than the effect of filling up the tissues of the acne skin, the treatment effect appears by recovering the red acne marks and reducing the thickness of the thickened skin. In other words, in order to recover acne scars, you must first use scar treatment ointment to quickly restore the deformed skin. Then restore the damaged skin barrier through moisturizing to increase immunity. It is also helpful to use a soothing cream, etc. to calm the irritated skin.
However, the best way is to manage acne in parallel with appropriate treatment. Moreover, prevent acne from worsening by improving lifestyle and eating habits. For acne scars older than 6 months, the most effective way is to see a dermatologist.
For occasional occurrences with small acne, using an acne patch is helpful. Acne patches dissolve dead skin cells, allowing pus to drain easily or help to calm the inflammation phase. Products on the market mainly contain Salicylic Acid or AHA (Glycolic Acid). It can be prevented in advance by using it as an emergency only for one or two occasional pimples. Acne is a skin disease and can improve with regular maintenance.
What is a good skin care routine for acne?
Keep your skin clean with regular washing. Also, having a stimulating washing habit promotes the production of sebum. To remove the thickened dead skin cells, use enzymes or scrubs twice a week to help the skin supple and regenerate.
Acne cleansing → Concentrating toner → Sebum control serum → Eye cream + Moisture cream (non-comedogenic) → Sunscreen (oil-free)
Makeup removal → Acne cleansing → Concentrating toner → Acne sebum control serum → Eye cream → Moisture cream (non-comedogenic)
Best 3 Korean Skincare Products for Acne
Among the trouble skin solution products filled with natural ingredients, we selected a product that is good for soothing and convergence. Here are the best 3 that make acne and oily skin moist and clean.
COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- COSRX AHA/BHA CLARIFYING TREATMENT TONER
- $15 ~ $19
- Skin Type: combination, oily, acne-prone
Toner cleans up residues that have not been erased by primary cleansing and plays a role in maximizing the effect of the following skincare products. This Cosrx toner not only controls sebum through AHA/BHA ingredients but also helps exfoliate dead skin cells. It also contains Allantoin and Panthenol to restore and strengthen the damaged skin barrier. Let’s start real skincare after calming the irritated skin and balancing the skin!
- Exfoliating: Glycolic Acid, Betaine Salicylate, Sodium Lactate, Willow Bark Water
- Soothing: Panthenol, Allantoin
This toner I found after struggling with a combination of problematic skin. Whenever acne-like troubles occur, wet a cotton pad with toner and apply a toner mask, acne and troubles are noticeably better. It is a water-like formulation with no viscosity at all like the ingredients presented, so its absorption is not bad, but I think it is more effective to put it on a cotton pad and wipe it lightly. That’s why I’m using this product regularly, but it’s a bit lacking in moisturizing power, so I recommend applying a serum or cream afterward.
It is a weakly acidic toner that not only adjusts the pH balance but also supplies minerals and vitamins from apple water to help keep the skin alive. Moreover, it was possible to care for sebum and pores with 10% of Willow Bark Water and AHA, which are naturally derived BHA ingredients. Also, the 0.1% Glycolic Acid, Betaine Salicylate, and mild daily exfoliation, help the skin tone become slightly brighter and the skin texture much better. This product is a mist-type toner, sufficient for daily use for combination, oily, and acne-prone skin types. Furthermore, it can be used as a toner mask for instant hydration by moistening a cotton pad with toner.
I think it’s a reasonable price. Since it is one of the brands that frequently have brand sales, you can purchase it for as low as $10 if you do not miss the deal.
Cosrx is an eco-friendly beauty product that excludes harmful ingredients and is a hypoallergenic skincare product for sensitive skin. This trouble-free toner is not only alcohol-free, fragrance-free, essential oil-free, cruelty-free, and vegan-friendly.
iUNIK Tea tree Relief Serum
- iUNIK Tea Tree Relief Serum
- $16 ~ $19
- Skin Type: combination, oily, acne-prone
67% of Tea Tree Leaf Water, which is well known for acne skin care, helps to soothe and relieve While 19.5% of Centella Asiatica Extract Water, which is effective for healing wounds. Also, 6 kinds of sprout extracts provide moisture and nutrition to make the skin tone clear and clean. This is a moisturizing calming serum. Allantoin helps stimulate the skin to regenerate, and there are many moisturizing ingredients such as betaine and beta-glucan. In addition, it contains niacinamide, which is effective not only for sebum control but also for whitening. It also contains adenosine, which is good for fine lines and wrinkle care, so it can be called a total care serum.
- Soothing: Centella Asiatica Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Allantoin
- Anti-acne: Tea Tree Leaf Water (67%), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate
- Brightening: Niacinamide
- Anti-aging: Adenosine
- Hydrating: Beta-Glucan, Sodium Hyaluronate
Because I have sensitive acne-prone skin, I consider moisturizing and soothing ingredients important. This product is not sticky and heavy, so it flows down like water. Also, it’s light and absorbs quickly. When applied, it feels fresh, moist, and not sticky. It’s a special product for sensitive skin, so it’s especially good when you have trouble. I am very satisfied with the scent. Moreover, it is fine in other seasons, but it seems to be a bit lacking in moisture to use alone in winter, so I use it with a moisturizing cream.
A water-based serum that is non-greasy and non-sticky. Apply gently and it will absorb into the skin to maintain moisture. Moreover, it contains mild tea tree leaf water instead of purified water to provide soothing and moisturizing power to sensitive skin. With Asiatica Extract Water and Niacinamide, which help to alleviate skin traces, it was possible to confirm that the skin tone was brighter. The tea tree serum, which contains moisturizing and nutrition for the face skin, is made of non-irritating, non-alcoholic, non-comedogenic, and natural ingredients. It was good to use without any trouble. Also, effective when used during skin trouble. Not to mention oily, dry, sensitive, and prone to acne skin types as well.
Many skincare products of iUNIK are loved by many users due to their generous capacity and reasonable price. It is a very satisfactory price in terms of effective ingredients and no harmful ingredients.
iUNIK is a minimalistic skincare brand that contains natural ingredients. It contains only ingredients that are not harmful to the skin by using EGW green grade and offers cruelty-free and eco-friendly products. Not all products are like this, but many are vegan-friendly.
#alcohol-free #fragrance-free #essential Oil-free #paraben-free #sulfate-free #cruelty-free #vegan-friendly
SOME BY MI AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream
- SOME BY MI AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream
- $14 ~ $16
- Skin Type: combination, oily, acne-prone
Tea tree extract, known for its excellent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects, gently cares for acne on the face. In addition, Cica Care (Madecassoside, Madecassic Acid, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid) is added to Centella Asiatica, which is well known for treating scars, to strengthen the weakened skin barrier and improve troubled skin. It is very suitable for acne-prone skin because it contains AHA, BHA, and PHA, which are well known to clean pores and help control sebum and suppress excessive oiliness.
- Anti-acne: Willow Bark Extract, Witch Hazel Extract
- Exfoliating: Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Lactobionic Acid, Citric Acid
- Brightening: Turmeric Root Extract, Niacinamide
- Soothing: Centella Asiatica Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Allantoin, Madecassoside, Asiaticoside
I have oily skin, so I am very sensitive to stickiness. This product is a watery cream type with a thin texture. Also, it spreads well and absorbs well after application. I use it well because it has a feeling of holding back dryness. If you apply it when you have trouble or acne on your skin, it is definitely effective. Moreover, it is a jelly-like type rather than a balm type. It is good to use in summer as it is not sticky and has various ingredients to catch trouble. As a whitening and wrinkle functional ingredient, the anti-aging effect is a bonus!
The highly concentrated Cica care ingredients extracted from Centella Asiatica relieve complex skin troubles and help in the treatment by improving skin damage and activating skin cell regeneration. It can be used all year round with its moist and light texture that can be used on a combination and oily skin without any burden. Furthermore, it is a non-oily cream that forms a thin moisturizing film on the skin to keep it moist. It is quickly absorbed into the skin, so there is no burden on layering it with other cosmetics. Moreover, it contains excellent ingredients for whitening and wrinkling, which exert a synergistic effect. If stored in the refrigerator, it can lower the skin temperature raised by the heat and increase moisture supply and soothing effect.
A large-capacity moisturizing cream, but it can be purchased in the $10 range, so it’s a 5 out of 5! Effective for acne and has no harmful ingredients, so it is recommended for sensitive acne skin.
Some By Mi has launched many skincare products that are good for oily acne-prone skin. Also, a hypoallergenic ingredient that excludes ingredients harmful to the skin. Thus, the skin does not become sensitive to even a small stimulus. You can use it with confidence even on problematic skin.
#alcohol-free #essential oil-free #paraben-free #sulfate-free #fragrance-free #clean-beauty
Acne Treatment at Home
- Clay mask pack – It can remove wastes hidden in the skin, and the pack containing lavender and tea tree has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties to help manage inflammation. It also has the property of absorbing sebum, helping to remove blackheads.
- Houttuynia cordata Soothing Gel – Soothes the redness of acne and replenishes moisture on the face with a lot of sebum. Houttuynia cordata and propolis ingredients help relieve inflammation.
- Acne Patch – Although not a medicine, it dissolves dead skin cells so that pus is easily drained and/or helps reduce inflammation.
- Hydrocolloid Regeneration Patch – This is a product that is applied to regenerate skin after acne extrusion.
- Toner pad – Contains ingredients that are effective for acne, providing a quick soothing effect.
Acne Extraction at Home
It is best not to squeeze acne on its own. Especially if you extrude it under poor hygiene, there is a high possibility of causing inflammation due to bacterial infection. When extruding at home for home care, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly. Also, use latex gloves to ensure hygiene so that bacteria on your hands do not cause infection during extrusion. After sterilizing the extruder, use it after it is completely dry. Moreover, clean the skin thoroughly with lukewarm water and disinfect the area when the skin is moist.
However, when extruding acne, it is necessary to find the exact location of the pore. Then remove it with appropriate force to minimize damage and scarring of surrounding normal tissues. Self-extrusion is dangerous. Therefore, rather than self-extrusion, it is better to seek the help of an experienced specialist. They are well aware of the skin structure through long clinical experience.
White Pimple Care
Small acne should be disinfected after squeezing.
Most of the white pimples in the shape of millet are ‘non-inflammatory pimples.’ It is caused by clogging of the pore with excessively secreted sebum. If white oil is sticking out of your skin, open the pores with a warm towel. Then gently squeeze it with a cotton swab. After squeezing, disinfect to prevent scarring. Non-inflammatory acne can be prevented with meticulous cleansing. Moreover, it is helpful to remove the dead skin cells that have accumulated on the skin 1-2 times a week. Use a product dedicated to exfoliating dead skin cells.
Early Pimple Care
In the early stages of acne, don’t overdo it and use only cosmetics for acne.
Red, raised acne is acne with inflammation. The more inflamed, the bigger and redder the acne. Most red acne causes pain, and if you squeeze it carelessly, acne bacteria can spread to the surrounding area and worsen inflammation. Use a cleansing agent or cosmetic for acne to calm your skin. Applying a Tea Tree solution that sterilizes the acne area is also helpful.
Pus-filled Pimple Care
For pus-filled pimples, dermatological treatment is recommended rather than home care to avoid scarring.
Yellow pustular acne is caused by an increase in inflammation and the formation of yellow pus in the pores. Yellow pus accumulates in the red, swollen center, and the pain is severe. It is best to squeeze out pustular acne as soon as it is found. This is because when the pus goes deep into the skin, it destroys the tissue and leaves a scar. Also, squeeze out the pus with an extruder. However, if you squeeze it incorrectly, not only the pus but also the skin tissue may come off. This may cause a scar, so it is better to seek help from a dermatologist.
Which ingredient is best for acne prone skin?
There are three main types of ingredients that are effective against acne.
- An ingredient that is effective in sterilizing acne bacteria.
- A soothing ingredient after acne extraction.
- Dryness may occur because ingredients that suppress excessive secretion of sebum are frequently used for acne care. Therefore, it must contain moisturizing ingredients.
Sterilization, Anti-inflammatory, Degreasing Effect
AHA(Alpha hydroxy acid)
- Removes dead skin cells.
- As a fruit extract, it gives nutrition and moisturization.
- It hydrates the skin.
- Prevent acne formation by continuously opening pores.
BHA(β – hydroxy acid)
- Antibacterial agents, sterilization, disinfection, and sebum effective for inflammatory acne.
- Recommended to use salicylic acid at a concentration of 0.5-2%.
- Exfoliating effect.
- Dissolves oil and reduces sebum in the pores.
- Effective for inflammatory acne due to exfoliation, sebum suppression, and sterilization.
- Dries the acne area and quickly settles it down.
- Absorbs oil and moisture with excellent adsorption power
- Quickly dries skin when used intensively on acne areas, stopping acne progression.
- The antibacterial effect and removes dead skin cells to clean pores.
Tea tree oil
- The natural ingredients are antibacterial and antifungal.
- It works on inflammation and wounded areas.
- Effective for acne and oily skin due to sebum control, anti-inflammatory, sterilization, and convergence.
- Remove dead skin cells covering pores of acne.
Purifying clay –mud, Clay
- Cleansing effect on oily and acne skin.
- Absorbs sebum and impurities, and increases the natural moisturizing from the skin.
Green tea extract
- Skin cleaning, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effective.
- Effective on acne and oily skin.
- Whitening Effects.
- Skim, convergence, moisturization, cell regeneration.
- It contains anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, and saponin ingredients, which are effective for oily and acne skin.
Moisturizing and Soothing Effect
- Elasticity, moisturization, wound healing.
Hyaluronic acid, Glycerin, Amino acid
- Excellent moisture.
- Anti-inflammatory, sedative action.
- elasticity, moisturizing
- Moisturizing, Skin Barrier Enhancement
What ingredients should I avoid in acne-prone skin?
Comedogenic products have the ability to form acne lumps inside the pores. Acne caused by cosmetic ingredients is small in size and mainly in the form of whiteheads. Representative ingredients include Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Isopropyl Myristate, and Butyl Stearate. It is best to use Non-Comedogenic & Oil-free products.
Get Latest News & Coupons for K-beauty Products
You may also like:
- Korean Clean Beauty Brand: Benton Best Products
- Laneige Bestsellers from Sleeping Lip Mask to Foundation
- Best Korean BB Creams for Oily, Dry Skin
- The Top 5 Missha Best Products
- 5 Innisfree Best-selling Products
- Etude House: 5 Best Selling Products from Skincare to Makeup
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Clicking those links before you shop means that best k-beauty receives a small commission. Please see my full disclaimer for more information.